This also happens to be another recipe that came about after a discussion with a coworker, which seems to be where 75% of my ideas for recipes come from!
Now, I know there are THM approved, single fuel recipes for Puppy Chow made with pork rinds or nuts and/or coconut flakes, but when I was brainstorming this recipe I was wanting something lighter, as nuts sometimes are a bit heavy for me…..Rice Cakes were the answer!
I know this is an XO, and since I’m still in weight loss mode I try to limit my XO’s. I do make an exception for this since I only make it a few times a year. It is seriously dangerous to have around. I have to scoop out a serving size or else I could eat the whole batch. (I’m not joking. I seriously have to put my self control to work when I make this!)
So, go ahead and make at your own risk! I know you won’t be disappointed!
My sister, Abby would be happy to have a constant supply of this around. She one of those who can eat 90% XO’s and not gain an OUNCE. A
bit lot of envy/jealousy there on my part! (Don’t worry, I’ve worked through it!) Love you sis!!
- 1- 8.5 oz. pkg. brown rice cakes, salted or unsalted (I use the Lundberg brown rice cakes) Find them here or at your local health food store.
- ½ cup butter, or coconut oil if desiring dairy free
- 1 ¼ cup sugar free chocolate chips (or 9 oz. 85% or darker chocolate, chopped)
- 1 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt (decrease to ⅛ teaspoon if using salted rice cakes)
- 1 bag swerve confectioners style sugar (approximately)
- Break rice cakes into 1/2-1 in. pieces into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate together over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in peanut butter, vanilla, & salt. Mix until smooth.
- Pour over broken up rice cakes & stir until evenly coated.
- Scrape mixture into large paper bag & toss with desired amount of swerve confectioners style sugar (I use the whole bag.) until evenly coated.
- Spread out on newspaper or paper bags until dry.
- Try not to devour the whole thing in one sitting!