What, you may ask does PB Max stand for? I asked the same question when I was young and the answer is got was “Peanut Butter [to the] Max!”
So yes, if you love peanut butter and chocolate, I’m 110% sure you will love these bars.
This recipe comes by way of a friend bringing them to a church potluck. They became an instant family favorite, so when THM became my lifestyle just over 2 years ago I KNEW this was one recipe that I HAD to Trimmify.
Whenever I ask the question “what should I make?”, my dads instant response 99% of the time is “ you know what sounds good to me …some of those peanut butter chocolate bars.” He likes them so much it’s what he got for a birthday dessert in lieu of birthday cake or cheesecake last year.
PB Max Bars
- 1¼ cups THM Baking Blend
- ½ cup oat fiber
- ¼ cup pressed peanut flour
- ½ cup THM Gentle Sweet
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup natural unsweetened peanut butter
- ¾ cup pressed peanut flour
- ⅓ cup THM Gentle Sweet
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- chopped roasted & salted peanuts
- chopped sugar free peanut butter cups
- shaved or grated chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a 13 x 9 pan with parchment paper. (If you don't have parchment paper, just grease pan well with butter.)
- Whisk all dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Add butter and mix with either a wooden spoon or mixer until dough is formed and no dry ingredients remain in bottom of bowl.
- Press evenly into bottom of prepared pan, using a tamper or bottom of a dry measuring cup to pack it down.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until just starting to brown. The crust may feel soft, but it will firm up once it's cooled.
- Set crust aside to cool.
- Mix all filling ingredients in medium bowl until completely combined.
- Spread filling mixture evenly over cooled crust.
- Melt chocolate and butter together over low heat, stirring until smooth. A double boiler or microwave works well for this step too.
- Spread evenly over peanut butter filing.
Garnish (if desired)
- If using chopped peanuts or peanut cups sprinkle over chocolate while its still warm so they'll set in place.If using chocolate shavings, wait until the topping is nearly set.
- Refrigerate until set. Cut into 24 pieces and serve. If using parchment paper, you can lift the bars out of the pan to cut. Keep leftovers refrigerated.